Ruby on Rails Friday, December 31, 2010

I changed my laptop for a one with windows 7. I installed rails 2.3.5,
postgres-pr 0.6.3, mongrel 1.1.5 and copied my app that was previously
on a win xp PC. When I launched my server and connected to my app, I had
the following error :

Status: 500 Internal Server Error
uninitialized constant PostgresPR::Connection::UNIXSocket
C:/Ruby187/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:105:in
`const_missing'
C:/Ruby187/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/postgres-pr-0.6.3/lib/postgres-pr/connection.rb:167:in
`establish_connection'

I resolved this problem by looking at my database.yml file. The
development section was like that :

development:
adapter: postgresql
encoding: UTF8
database: my_database_development
pool: 5
username: xxxxx
password: xxxxx

# Connect on a TCP socket. Omitted by default since the client uses a
# domain socket that doesn't need configuration. Windows does not have
# domain sockets, so uncomment these lines.
#host: localhost
#port: 5432

I just uncommented the last 2 lines (as is recommended...) :

host: localhost
port: 5432

and it worked just fine. It worked fine on the win xp machine with these
lines commented, though.

Hope this will be of some help if you've ran into this kind of problem.

--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment