Ruby on Rails
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
After some more debugging I finally realized that the object actually had some data attached to it. It must have been the .inspect which fooled me into thinking it was empty.
-- ai = Ipdb.where("[IP Address] = ?", ip)
ai.each do |b|
puts b["IP Address"]
puts b.Information
end
This outputs the information needed. Not sure why the object doesn't output all this information when I 'inspect' it...
kl. 13:05:07 UTC+1 tirsdag 17. desember 2013 skrev ondem...@gmail.com følgende:
Hi,I'm having some issues trying to run .find_by_sql against a Win MSSQL 2008 server. When I use the tiny_tds gem the query works without any issues.require 'rubygems'gem 'tiny_tds', '= 0.6.2'require 'tiny_tds'gem 'activerecord', '= 3.2.12'require 'active_record'require 'activerecord-sqlserver-adapter' client = TinyTds::Client.new(:username => 'user',:password => 'pass',:host => 'host',:database => 'db')result = client.execute(sql)=> #<TinyTds::Result:0x000000022c3e48> When I try the same query with an ActiveRecord::Base model I don't see any results (I've tried both :host and :dataserver with the same result).class Ipdb < ActiveRecord::Baseestablish_connection(:adapter => "sqlserver",:host => 'host',:username => 'user',:password => 'pass',:database => 'db',)self.table_name = "View_All_IPs"endai = Ipdb.find_by_sql(sql)p ai.size=> 1p ai.inspect=>"[#<Ipdb >]"p ai[0].class=> Ipdb()p ai[0]=> #<Ipdb >Any ideas about where the problem may be?ThanksJ-H Johansen
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/89f0d137-d0b2-4036-bf8f-3d680e81ee30%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment