Ruby on Rails
Friday, January 10, 2014
I agree with both responses, in that you should consider using a VM.
On Thursday, January 9, 2014 9:50:43 PM UTC, Ruby-Forum.com User wrote:
-- However, if this is not possible then I have successfully set it up but only on Windows 7. There are a few workarounds you will need to implement, like DevKit for instance, but I would think that the ruby installer should still work: http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads/
For version management I have used Pik (https://github.com/vertiginous/pik). It is your choice to install ruby via pik OR do it manually and then just attach your install to the pik config yml file that gets generated after install. Normally, I have done the latter. Also, depending on what kind of DB you are using you may have to search around for a few missing DLL's.
Let us know if you successfully get it running on Windows 8 though...
Anthony
On Thursday, January 9, 2014 9:50:43 PM UTC, Ruby-Forum.com User wrote:
Has anyone been able to do this successfully? and what's the best
equivalent to RVM in the Windows world?
--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/791681b9-d3cf-4622-97f0-15e158e85878%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment