Ruby on Rails Wednesday, November 11, 2015

On Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 6:57:56 AM UTC, Amit Mhatre wrote:
> I was wondering if there should be a way to  run the app even if some migrations are pending. Lets say I have created a migration...but at this time I am not sure if I want to run it as is ....am anticipating modifications.  What if in the error  page "Migrations are pending. To resolve this issue, run: bin/rake db:migrate RAILS_ENV=development"   there is  a  mention of a way to override the error and run the app as is...or does it already exist. Then one doesn't need to run the migration and later new ones to modify it..

As a very short term thing you could of course just remove the corresponding migration file. If you want to disable the check altogether then you could remove the ActiveRecord::Migration::CheckPending middleware. See http://guides.rubyonrails.org/rails_on_rack.html for details on how to remove middlewares from your app.

Fred

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/11be892c-9c3c-41a0-b507-3abbc435796d%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment