Ruby on Rails Thursday, July 18, 2019

I have an ubuntu-server running version: Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS.  I want to upgrade it to Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.  I snapshotted my server and tried to upgrade it to 16.04, and then 18.04 but ran into some issues where it seems through the upgrades I lost some of my configuration files.  When prompted by Ubuntu through the upgrades I chose to keep the local versions but I guess it didn't ask about those configuration files.  My question is what is a recommended approach to upgrading?  I currently use passenger, nginx - are there any guides that discuss how to do this with that setup?  Or am I better off creating a new server, setting it up and then redirecting to it?  Another important note is this server/web application is for small internal usage.  probably dealing with less than 30 users on a daily basis...  I appreciate any guidance!  Thanks!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/68ff7e77-8957-4185-aa99-40ae261ed0d5%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment