Ruby on Rails Thursday, April 29, 2010

I have a legacy e-commerce app that's got about 12,000 inventory items
in it, including pairings between items in one model to items in
another. There's no way we'll have the manpower to manually add all
those items and their pairings again ("ah cannah dew ih, cap'n!"), so
I'm hoping to write a series of either Ruby or raw SQL scripts to move
the data from my legacy DB to my current development DB, then run
something that will dump all the information in my new development DB
(once properly re-formatted for use in the new data schema) straight
into seeds.rb so I can just load the schema and seed it upon
deployment.

Does anyone know of an existing tool that'll help get the job done?
Thanks!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment