Ruby on Rails Thursday, April 29, 2010

So far the tutorials I've seen are for encrypting text and then
decrypting it back.
So for example you have a
plaintext = "some text"

you encrypt it and then you decrypt it depending on how you encrypted
it.

What I am looking for is to encrypt a whole file and then store it.
for example I allow my users to upload .doc/.xls files. I want to
encrypt those files so I would not store them like that, and in case a
user wants to download it back the app will decrypt it and then send
it to user.

How can I do this ?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment