Ruby on Rails Monday, May 31, 2010

A very puzzling thing has happened. Any ideas on this?

I have two rates for this service I provide.

5 cents per line
10 cents per line

I updated the latter to 20 cents per line, and made other changes
to my site. I use a constant for the rate so I did this:
EXEC_RATE = 20 // used to be, EXEC_RATE = 10

I made other changes to my site, did a successful upload,
stopped and started mongrel, etc.
I have verified that the products_controller on my site has the
new constant value above but I find that the new value does
not show.

I see the old value, 10 cents per line, everywhere.

I am referencing my constant this way throughout my site:
<%= ProductsController::EXEC_RATE.to_s %> cents per line

I flushed my browser cache.
All my other changes have appeared correctly.
I look at the current source in current/app/products_controller.rb
and my constant on the site has the correct value.

What could this be? Any ideas?
thanks!!
lucidbee


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment