Ruby on Rails Monday, May 31, 2010

Bump?! Please, can anyone help?

On 30 May, 09:16, Joe <j...@dev-hq.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Basically I recently been playing around with my ruby on rails system,
> and I'm wondering how I can get it to pick some words from the :name
> of the tutorial (I have a system with categories and tutorials) and
> make this into what I call a tagged domain, basically instead of it
> showing the ID in the URL, it would instead show something like so:
> keyword-keyword-keyword-keyword-keyword
>
> Is this possible? If it is then how would I go about doing it?
>
> Also if I could change the categories URL so instead of categories/ID
> it could be categories/UrlName (a property which I would make); I
> assume this second task would be considerably easier than the first as
> it seems RoR being a clever language would make it easy to do this
> through routes.rb (or something, I'm really still not sure how I can
> change the URL properly)..
>
> This is the main bit of my routes.rb that makes the tutorials and
> categories be displayed in the URL the way they are:
>
>   map.connect 'categories/:id/tutorials/:action', :controller =>
> 'categories'
>
>   map.connect ':controller/:action:id'
>   map.connect ':controller/:action/:id.:format'
>
> map.resources :tutorials,
>   :controller => "categories",
>   :path_prefix => "/category/:category_id",
>   :name_prefix => "category_"
>
> end
>
> Please Help,
>
> I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge,
>
> -Joe

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment