Ruby on Rails Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I've made a scaffold project that has been edited so that when you
create a new task, the show method will run though some ruby code that
manipulates the data inputed. I want to make it so that when a user
types in the url http://localhost:3000/some_controller/some_method/some_id_#,
the ruby code won't run again. I tried to fix this problem by telling
the program to check if the id exsist then don't run the ruby code and
redirect the user, otherwise run the code. This didn't work becuase
the id does get created.

The other solution I tried was to create an after_filter on the create
method. The issue with this was that I couldn't get the parameters
from the form and manipulate it.

I appreciate all the help I can get!

Thanks,
Anon_comp

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment