Ruby on Rails Wednesday, July 7, 2010

If I could do REST I wouldn't be asking. Why does everyone assumes
that you can tell your client that the framework doesn't support their
product API so go away? Sometimes the programmer has actually to find
the solution that the client wants can haven't your way all the time.

On Jul 6, 8:55 pm, Robert Walker <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> codefusurfer wrote:
> > I am looking for a way to host a SOAP Webserver that serves the data
> > as SOAP document/literal. I know actionwebservice support SOAP RPC/
> > encoded mode but I need document/literal. Anyone knows how to do this?
>
> The Java and .Net worlds have lots of "nice" options for those seeking
> to torture themselves with SOAP web services. Ruby on Rails is VERY
> opinionated against SOAP in favor of REST, as am I.
>
> I'm sure it can be done, but you'd likely be better off finding a forum
> devoted to providing SOAP with Ruby. I have a feeling you won't find
> much assistance here. I could be wrong though.
> --
> Posted viahttp://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment