Ruby on Rails Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Just thinking out loud. about switching from pgsql to mysql. So far,
haven't experienced any differences between the two databases. I've
been using mysql for the past few years. I like it more because am a
mac interface junkie and mysql has sequel pro. Not that this is a
determining factor. But pgsql also has navicat (in my opinion, not as
good as sequel pro).

The more important thing is, web hosts that I have spoken to have said
that pgsql takes up a considerable amount of RAM than mysql... More
RAM on a web host means more $$$.

Moreover, since I've switched from Symfony PHP. Most of my other web
projects will be hosted with a mysql db.

I am sure there may be other more significant differences. But for my
every day use as a web developer, I don't really notice the internal
features that pgsql has over mysql.

What are you thoughts

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment