Ruby on Rails Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hey there,

I'm new to Ruby on Rails. REALLY new. So far, I've managed to create
an app, a controller, a route and I've managed to push this plain-text
application to Heroku and deploy it there.

The app is supposed to be a image uploading website, but instead of
just storing the files on the file system, it should cURL the data to
an image hoster's API and return the image links.

The main problems I'm facing are..

- I have never worked with MVC before
- I'm pretty good with PHP but I completely suck at RoR
- Storing files on Heroku's file system is not allowed

But how am I supposed to send files via cURL if I'm not allowed to
store them on the file system?

I'd be really grateful for any newbie-friendly advice on this.

Thanks!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment