Ruby on Rails Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hi Nick,

I think that you are right and the problem lies with your installation
of wkhtmltopdf given your command line problems. Maybe try uninstalling
wkhtmltopdf

apt-get remove wkhtmltopdf

and then installing via PDFKit

pdfkit --install-wkhtmltopdf

or manually

Sorry, I know this isn't much help!


Nick Burdick wrote in post #964978:
> Conor Nugent wrote in post #963078:
>> Hi David,
>>
>> I'm really glad the post helped! Thank you for all your advise too!
>
> David, Conor,
>
> I tried to install via the method mentioned by Conor above and when I
> generate a PDF, it comes up blank. I also try running from the command
> line and I also get a blank PDF. It's really strange, when I installed
> the first time (into the default location) and I ran from command line,
> I got it to work with "wkhtmltopdf www.google.com goof.pdf" but it
> hasn't worked since. I have a new MacBook, running rvm with ruby 1.8.7
> and rails 3.
>
> Any thoughts you have would be greatly appreciated. I'm wondering if I
> somehow need to do a complete delete after the various attempts at
> installation, but I don't see anything else to delete aside from the
> wkhtmltopdf file in use/local/bin or the rvm directory. Have either of
> you had to install the 64 bit version?
>
> Thanks,
> Nick

--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment