Ruby on Rails Friday, December 31, 2010

I'm about ready to deploy my app so I decided to create a testapp to
deploy just so I can learn how to use capistrano for deployment. I'm
running Ruby 1.8.7 with Rails 3.0.3, capistrano 2.5.19 and git 1.7.3.2
with gitosis. Everything is going to be hosted on the same machine
(git and the app, so the app will be deployed on the same server as
the git repo).

Long story short, when I set my deploy_via to :remote_cache I get a
host key auth failed, but when I set it to :copy everything works. If
I understand correctly, I need to create a key for the user I use to
deploy the app. I did that and I added it to the gitosis-admin but it
didn't seem to work. I really want to use :remote_cache though, so any
insights into this problem are highly appreciated.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment