Ruby on Rails Sunday, February 27, 2011

No worries :)

On 25-2-2011 18:18, binu wrote:
> Thanks Mark and Oto. Sorry had been busy working on something else.
> Mark I don't need any fancy web standards. Its just the 3rd party tool
> that
> will be accessing my application using SOAP services.
> Note: My application is already up and running using REST.
>
> I did try using some actionwebservice gems like rubyjedi and
> datanoise.
> Thing is that when I create a new controller in my current app using
> soap. It gives me routes error. And i am not able to figure out
> next steps.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Feb 18, 2:11 pm, Mark Kremer<m...@without-brains.net> wrote:
>> soap4r hasn't had a release since September 2007
>> (http://rubygems.org/gems/soap4r), so that might not be the best option.
>>
>> If you don't need any fancy WS-standards then you could also simply
>> create a controller for it and render the appropriate XML responses
>> yourself.
>>
>> On 18-2-2011 9:17, Oto Brglez wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>>> Hi!
>>> I suggest you look at soap4r. Here you will find "Geting started
>>> guide":
>>> http://markthomas.org/2007/09/12/getting-started-with-soap4r/
>>> - Oto
>>> On 17 feb., 21:20, binu<agarwal.bin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>> I have an existing restful rails application. I need to add a new API.
>>>> This new API will be used bySOAPclient to access the application.
>>>> It will be really helpful if someone can guide me or point me to the
>>>> useful links.
>>>> After googling for few days I do know we can use actionwebservice gem
>>>> along with many other gem.
>>>> If someone can give me more information on thesoaproutes in rails
>>>> that will be awesome.
>>>> Thanks in advance
>>>> Binesh

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment