Ruby on Rails Thursday, March 31, 2011

I've not heard of Mirah. Certainly like the idea though.

I have decided to drop the whole rails approach.

I had designed a rails app to act as a full point of sale
application.
It would be accessed over tablet pc browsers.

I have done some testing today accessing the web app via safari on the
ipad and the latency was terrible.
So much so, that it renders the product un-usable.

I am going to have to go full android I think.
Maybe have some backend to dump the data using some rest API.

Any advice for taking such a route?

On Mar 31, 2:18 pm, dsadaka <d...@web-site1.com> wrote:
> As opposed to running the server on the handheld, have you looked at
> writing an app using Mirah?
> It's very, very ruby-like.
>
> Mirah is a simpler Java, a Java that is fun to work with. Best of all,
> it is also already fully functional, and is just a simple gem install
> away:
>
> --http://www.igvita.com/2010/12/14/beyond-ruby-mirah-reia-rite/
>
> HTH,
> Dan
>
> On Mar 30, 5:13 am, cipher_neo <l33...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > Hey guys,
>
> > I am building an RoR web app that I would like to have fully contained
> > in a tablet computer.
>
> > I would like to run the server on it, and also use it as the client.
>
> > Is this possible with any tablet computers out there at the moment?
> > I really am aiming to get it working on the android tablet, but any
> > tablet that allows you to install ruby and run a server would
> > suffice.
>
> > any help appreciated!
>
> > Lee

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

1 comment:

lifeinsurance said...

I have a samsung tablet and this is an excellent information for me. Thanks

Post a Comment