Ruby on Rails Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thanks for your response, sorry but my unknows go far away:

I have two entitys:

1- Views or Partial: and I undersant this: render :partial /shred/foo

2- Method/controller (X). now I place this method in
application_controller and the .js.rjs in views/application/X.js.rjs. It
works

But I do that because in "menu" controller and "Maintenance" contoller I
call X, but not as a "redirecto_to" otherwise as a normal call, as if it
was a function, only to initialize variables.

So that, I need to put X method in applicationController, to be seen
from the others controllers (menu and Maintenance).

--> And this is weird, ¿ or not ? the X method is used for two porpuses:
as a response of a browser JS request, and as "function"

And to tho that I put in X:

if request.xhr?
respond_to do |format|
format.js
end
end


thanks again

--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment