Ruby on Rails Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I am in the USA. I tend to target mostly Rails work.

Robert Half had called me and said that they had been getting in
Rails contracts and wanted to talk to me. Often times they do not get
so much rails work. I took it as a possible sign of a pickup in rails.
I went to their office and met with them and they had given me this
contract to sign.

My impression had been that their rates may seemed to be low and I
had flat out told them that in the past. This in particular when they
told me $40 an hour for PHP work (or even less). I am less interested
in PHP, but I don't want to rule it out altogether. Thus far I have
not told people who want to talk to me that I am not interested. I had
not signed their contract and felt I should email the friendly fellow
at Robert Half back and tell him something as to my impression of this
contract as to why I don't want to sign it or maybe other people can
tell me it doesn't matter really if I sign it or not, but my default
position is I am not going to sign it ..

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment