Ruby on Rails Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hi Jedrin,

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 5:11 PM, Jedrin <jrubiando@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  When doing RJS stuff of the form below, I seem to recall unexpected
> behavoir where if I had many method calls within that block things
> didn't work as expected and variables would not have values I
> expected. I know I am not being very specific and I don't have an
> example. I am trying to refactor some code where I have alot of code
> inside the block and I am affraid I am going to have the same sort of
> problem I used to have previously when I had written alot of RJS stuff
> previously.
>
>  render :update do |page|
>     ...
>  end

I tend to use render :update from within the controller in cases where
there are a small number (like 4 max) of method calls. Beyond that, I
think it improves readability and testability to move the method calls
to an rjs template.

Best regards,
Bill

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment