Ruby on Rails Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hi Jedrin,

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 5:22 PM, Jedrin <jrubiando@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I have a section of controller code that tries to style a page with
> moving text and images.
> This used to work a few years ago, but I have not had the site working
> for awhile and I am trying to resurrect it.
> Below is some of the RJS code. The z-index and font-size does not seem
> to work as far as I can tell, though I am especially focused on z-
> index not working. My moving text is supposed to be in front of the
> images, but it is not.
> If I do view generated source from web developer plugin, one of the
> elements generated is shown below. I am not sure if my problem may be
> something different in RJS or CSS is needed or what else I can try to
> troubleshoot the problem ? I am using rails 3.0.5 at the moment ..
> thanks

Another possibility, if Walter's suggestion doesn't lead to a
solution, is that the different behavior you're seeing now vs. then
has to do with browser 'maturation.' I believe most current browsers
will give precedence to the stylesheet over inline styling.

HTH,
Bill

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment