Ruby on Rails Thursday, June 30, 2011

Well, to use a former co-workers phrase, "I've been crawling over
broken glass", trying everything and seemed to have found something
that worked: 1) I downloaded and installed MySQL community edition
5.5.13, even though it isn't on anyone's recommended list and 2)
installed a gem for mysql-2.8.1-x86-mingw32 which I saw recommended
somewhere, then 3) modified John's yml file from above to be:

development:
adapter: mysql
encoding: Latin1
reconnect: false
database: mysql
pool: 5
timeout: 5000
username: a
password: a

and the line: rake db:migrate finally worked and made a table with
the data I had in that file. Also, I could add a couple of records
via the screen from http://localhost:3000/people
so I think I can make progress from here. Thanks to John and Chirag
for taking the time to point me in some good directions!
Barney

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment