Ruby on Rails Thursday, June 30, 2011

Walter Lee Davis <waltd@...> writes:

> Of course, and I've done that for the few User things that happen
> inside the UsersController. But Devise Invitable injects its methods
> into the User model, so there are all sorts of controllers buried
> deeply in the Gem source tree that I don't have access to. In Rails
> 2.3, I would just freeze the gems and hack them up there, but I
> haven't found a way to do that in the brave new Bundler world.
> Freezing there is kind of like compiling the code or something.
>
> Walter

I may have misunderstood your question, but I don't see the need to access or
change Devise's controllers directly. You have control over your User model
and the Controllers which utilise it, so you should be able to enforce your
business logic as described. I would not worry too much about the methods
Devise injects into your models - you control access to them.

In the brave new world of Bundler, there is no easy method of freezing gems
into your app in a reliable fashion. I am sure you may be able to get
something working, but I sense it will be brittle and ultimately frustrating.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment