Ruby on Rails Sunday, July 31, 2011

Hi all,

I have searched for the solution of this problem and found none, for
this reason I am writing here.

Basically, what I intend to do is pretty easy, and can be achieved with
several typical solutions easily. However I want to know if there is a
'rails way' to do this. Particularly, a 'rails 3 way', since I went with
Rails 3 for this project.

I have a typical Rails application, in which the special thing is that I
am accessing through SSH to some selected Cisco routers (in order to
read some infos from it). Since it is a public applicacion, it could be
that too many requests come at the same time and the application can
literally 'crash' the router because of too many work.

I want to know if there is some recommended way of setting a limit on
how many people can concurrently request something to the controller.

In order to run the application in production mode I will do it with
Passenger + Apache/nginx.


Best regards, and thanks in advance,
Rafael Fernández López.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment