Ruby on Rails Sunday, July 31, 2011

Hi,
I have added a rake file in my rails application that executes cap
deploy for my application on a button click. When I run this command
directed from my application folder it deploys correctly.
But running cap deploy as rake tasks gives me following error


executing `deploy:update_code'
updating the cached checkout on all servers
executing locally: "git ls-remote ---
command finished in 10805ms
* executing "if--- fi"
servers:
stty: standard input: Inappropriate ioctl for device
stty: standard input: Inappropriate ioctl for device
stty: standard input: Inappropriate ioctl for device
*** [deploy:update_code] rolling back

Any help on this will be highly appreciated
Thanks,

Michael Engelhart wrote in post #59877:
> I'm attempting to auto deploy a rails application to a development
> server periodically during ongoing development. I've setup ssh keys
> to allow the proper user auto login permissions, but have ran into 2
> issues.
>
> 1. When the script is run from a cron job as the same user as I
> currently manually deploy from I receive an error when reaper tries to
> execute - "can't get terminal parameters (Inappropriate ioctl for
> device)". I'm assuming that the reaper script is trying to capture
> the PIDs to restart on the remote server and cannot since there is no
> terminal running. Is there way give a virtual terminal to be used?
> This maybe just Linux related question -but thought I'd start on the
> rails list.
>
> 2. Periodically when the "sudo reaper" portion runs during deployment,
> a password prompt will display and the password will need to be
> entered. What causes the password prompt -according the docs the sudo
> commands will use the same credentials in the auto login or previously
> entered when the rake deploy command first starts.

--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment