Ruby on Rails Friday, September 30, 2011

I'm writing a Ruby on Rails application which allows a user to upload an
mp3 file, then play it back. I have it working to the point where a user
can do those things, BUT there is an issue when seeking through the
song. If a user seeks ahead (or lets it play) to a spot in the song,
usually about 2/3 or 3/4 the way through the song, then attempts to seek
back to the beginning (for example 0:20), the play timer will go to
0:20, like it should but the actual audio will start over again as if
the user seeked to 0:00.

Right now I'm simply attempting to get the song to play in chrome's
basic html5 mp3 player that it uses when passed an mp3 file. This is the
code I'm using to serve up the file, hopefully with all the correct
headers:

http://privatepaste.com/8406f69836

I think it has something to do with send_file not accepting the range
header, maybe it's just the way I'm setting it? I'd appreciate any
insight into this problem. I feel like I'm so close because it pretty
much all works, except for seeking near the beginning causing a new
request.

Thanks!

--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment