Ruby on Rails Friday, September 30, 2011

Robby Russell wrote in post #72333:
> SELECT MAX(id) FROM entities;
> Then run...
> This should be higher than the last result.
> If it's not higher... run this to try and fix it. (run a quick
> pg_dump first...)
> SELECT setval('entities_id_seq', (SELECT MAX(id) FROM entities)+1);
> reload your app...and see if its still happening.

I have the same problem but I don't know how to solve it since I can't
relate the solution here (names of tables, etc.) to the data given by
the OP. How do you know you need to SELECT MAX(id) FROM entities, or
SELECT setval('entities_id_seq', (SELECT MAX(id) FROM entities)+1);
with the information given by the OP? I can't see the relation and
therefore I have no clue how I can solve my problem.

--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment