Ruby on Rails Friday, September 30, 2011

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 4:54 PM, Lasse Bunk <lassebunk@gmail.com> wrote:

Use the 'pg' gem:

  gem 'pg'

And in config/database.yml:

  development:
    adapter: postgresql
    database: my_checkins_development
    host: localhost

Taken from a tutorial on my website: http://lassebunk.dk/2011/09/10/creating-a-location-aware-website-using-ruby-on-rails-and-postgis/

/Lasse

Once I changed the adapter to the correct string (postgresql) it worked great.
But I ran into a slightly different question.

I'm struggling with UTF-8 encoding and was wondering if:
1) there is any real difference in postgresql between setting up en_US.UTF-8 and POSIX as far as being able to read/write anything?  I'm thinking the answer is no.
2) when rails creates this database, is there some way I can add options to this yaml file to specify the encoding when it's created?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment