Ruby on Rails Monday, October 31, 2011

I observed this a few times, but not always happen, and if I down the
migration and run again, it often works.

My migration is really simple like:

Foo.find_each do |foo|
foo.update_attribute(:bar, "baz")
end

Occasionally, it reports success, but not actually updated the
attribute for the "bar" column of Foo object. It appears to just skip
the whole thing and report success. And as I said, if I down it and
run again, it has always worked.

Anybody else has seen this problem before? I'm using Rails 3.0.10 but
I had this problem with older 3.0.x versions as well.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment