Ruby on Rails Monday, October 31, 2011

Thanks for the ideas ..

some of my records are very flexible with joins,such that I can't be
sure how may fields their are in the form or what field types there
are.

I figured I could guess that I wouldn't have more than 100 fields and
I could generally have an idea how many fields there was so that may
not be a big deal, however when I initially do the

remote_form_for(@rec) do my_form

my_form is a form builder object that I seem to doubt is something I
can have available on an ajax call into a partial to generate a field
after the initial page load. Since when the page first loads, I don't
know for which fields I would need a text_area versus a text_field,
those details are ideally figured out when I would load the field via
ajax. I could try to figure that out ahead of time, but if I have
older records where the format layout has changed, those would error
out.

Possibly the set up work to get this scheme to work is a bit more
than I anticipated, though it may still be worth doing ..

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment