Ruby on Rails Saturday, December 31, 2011

Hassan,

>> Am I even able to do a bundle whatever on the server they provide?

HS> You don't need to; Heroku uses your Gemfile to make the required
HS> gems available to the app at deployment.

Dear God!

One sentence and "everything" snaps into focus.

Thank you!


Question: Does that mean I can't add more gems to the gemfile when I do the next upload?

If I need to fix one .rb file (or whatever), do I have to upload the entire app?


I have sooo many questions.

For instance, will Heroku, for a fee, be my ISP for the app? That is, will they host my app and my url: www.ultradedup.com?

Ralph

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment