Ruby on Rails Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Colin Law wrote in post #1043237:
> On 31 January 2012 12:01, Srimanta Chakraborty <lists@ruby-forum.com>
> wrote:
>>>> Please help me how to do that, what files or folders should I place
>>> gplus.to/clanlaw
>>
>> I am using Windows OS. In my pc, already xampp is installed. Now by
>> making use of that mysql database how can I fetch data to my Ruby
>> application. Is there any need to install mysql server again though
>> xampp is installed?
>
> I don't know much about Windows, most Rails developers use Mac or
> Linux (often Ubuntu). However first you must check that your mysql
> server is working, presumably there is some way of accessing mysql
> from the command line to check it and to setup users and so on.
> Assuming you have already done this then setup the database details in
> database.yml and all should work.
>
> Personally I advise people not to do Rails development Windows, but
> others do manage this. Either use a virtual machine running, for
> example, Ubuntu, using VirtualBox or VMWare or set your PC up to dual
> boot Windows and Ubuntu, which is very easy.
>
> If you must use windows then I believe using railsinstaller is
> considered the best option at the moment.
>
> Other than the above, if you have further problems while using
> Windows, I am afraid I will have to leave it to others to help.
>
> Colin

I finally got the result. Now I am starting to play with database.
Thanks.

--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment