Ruby on Rails Tuesday, January 31, 2012

On 31 Jan 2012, at 18:27, Javier Quarite wrote:

> That is weird, in the logs it looks like everything is working
> smoothly, but when I try to access it, takes me about 5 seconds.
>
> It seems that (for example) if I access the app yesterday and then I
> access now, the server starts again (that's what my log says)
> I've never checked this before, but that make the access too slow
> (the first time)

That's normal behavior, it frees up memory on the server that's just
sitting around doing nothing. That's also how Passenger works by
default. It "intelligently" spawns and kills off instances.

But rest assured, if your application has more users accessing it, it
won't be suspended.


Best regards

Peter De Berdt

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment