Ruby on Rails Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hi list,

It's been a while since I looked at rails and I am a but rusty. I'm
looking for a nudge in the right direction if anyone would be so kind to
help me.

I'm looking at something I did a few years back that I need to review
and upgrade. The last time I looked at this we were on Rails 2.0.2 so
that's what this code is for. So I am trying to get it running on that
environment to start off.

I have a RVM environment running rails 2.0.2 on ruby 1.8.7. I can run my
application but I get an error like the below.

wrong argument type Class (expected Module)

Application Trace | Framework Trace | Full Trace

lib/mymodule.rb:65:in `include'
lib/mymodule.rb:65
app/controllers/application.rb:8

The code snippet referred to is a module of the form:

60 module Mymodule
61
62 require 'openssl'
63 include OpenSSL
64 include PKey
65 include Cipher

So I suspect I have something wrong with my OpenSSL in rvm, but I don't
know what.


This code worked fine the last time I looked at it. The module is mixed
in to a controller.

I tried the below to test if openssl is available:

$ ruby -ropenssl -e "puts :Hello"
Hello

I would appreciate any pointers I can get to help me get started...

--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment