Ruby on Rails Saturday, June 30, 2012

Hey, are you still looking for someone, the post was some time ago so I am guessing not, be please let me know if so.



On Wednesday, 6 April 2011 17:38:53 UTC+3, mgreenly wrote:

Ruby/Rails - Contract Position Available

I'm looking for an experienced Ruby/Rails programmer to essentially remote pair with me for the development of an open source Rails 3 plugin.

The plugin is an interface to the Datatables library (http://www.datatables.net/). 

My goal is to create an extremely intuitive API for the average rails developer that will expose all of the functionality of the Datatables library.  Including multi column sorting, per column filtering, etc…  In addition, considerable focus will be applied to ensure that the database is accessed efficiently.

The right person will be…

  • an experienced Ruby and Rails developer
  • have some knowledge of how Rails plugins are constructed even if they've never published one
  • have a solid understanding of ActiveRecord and not be afraid of methods like reflect_on_associations
  • should be comfortable with test driven development
  • should know RSpec or be willing to learn it
  • should be proficient with Git.


In addition we'll be working together remotely so you'll need to be willing to use Skype, VNC and what ever other tools would help.

The resulting library will be distributed under the MIT and GPL license.

This is a short term contract for an open source project.  I'm willing to pay competitive contractor rates.  I expect the job to last between 80 to 120 hours total and to spend 20-40 hours a week on it. 

I'm willing to be flexible with my schedule and match yours if necessary.

Mike Greenly

http://logic-refinery.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/c1I5_PhLjUcJ.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en-US.

1 comment:

James said...

Sounds like opportunity next door. I would love to see my self as Ruby/Rails developer.
Thanks for sharing!
Jobs In Gulf

Post a Comment