Ruby on Rails Friday, June 29, 2012



On Wednesday, June 27, 2012 12:54:41 PM UTC-4, Ylan wrote:

On Jun 27, 2012, at 9:42 AM, Vell wrote:

>
> The error you are getting means that, when running the rake task the jquery gem is not available. There are a few ways this can happen: Did you add the jquery gem only in the development group? In the asset group?
>
> jquery rails is in the assets group of my gemfile
>  
> Did you remember to run bundle install after adding the gem?
>
> Yes I did run bundle install after adding the gym.
>  
> What bundler groups are available in which environments (look into your application.rb file).
>
> I am not sure I am looking in the right place in my application.rb file but here is what I saw at the top of the file:
>
> if defined?(Bundler)
>   # If you precompile assets before deploying to production, use this line
>   Bundler.require(*Rails.groups(:assets => %w(development test)))
>   # If you want your assets lazily compiled in production, use this line
>   # Bundler.require(:default, :assets, Rails.env)
> end
>
> If answering the above questions doesn't lead you to find the problem, post back your complete Gemfile and we will go from there.
>
> Here is what my gemfile looks like:
>
[snip]

I don't see any obvious errors there, and I am assuming that you already checked line 13 of application.js for correctness. At this point, I am out of ideas on where the problem is. If I where you, I would start a blank rails application in which you *can* precompile the assets. Then starts looking for potential differences between the brand new app and yours.

So I did end up resolving this issue. There were 2 issues.

1. jquery-rails doesn't like being in the assets block of my Gemfile. Once I took it out of that block I was able to compile in production without any error. I happened to be passing through railscast and saw that one of Ryan Bates examples had that particular line under the assets block.

2. I had an error in one of my .js files so removed the file and everything seems to be working as expected. I will see if I can figure out what is going on with that .js file at a later date.

Thanks for the help in trying to get me to solve this issue.

Sorry, I can't be of more help.

--
Ylan


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/PrE1Kr1OuyIJ.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en-US.

No comments:

Post a Comment