Ruby on Rails Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Hi!


When I'm creating an application for a project of my own I usually use Active Admin or something for my admin area and code everything else myself. The backend interface is not always perfect but it's OK because only I will use it. The few quirks and weird stuff is OK because I know how everything works. The non-intuitive gets intuitive to me because I'm the developer :)

When creating something for a client it may be more important with a good and intuitive interface, easy content management etc. In the PHP world i guess most people use something like Joomla!, Drupal or Wordpress for these kind of projects. They are easy to use, have the WYSIWYG editors etc. that the client can use to create and manage the content.


- What do you use when developing in RoR for a client? Is it only 100% custom applications (with the use of some gems of course, like maybe devise etc.)?
Is anyone using any CMS in the RoR world? I have seen a few, like LocomotiveCMS, RadiantCMS etc, but I have never used one in a project.

What are your experiences here?

Cheers!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/u9u3X-kSS5MJ.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment