Ruby on Rails Friday, August 31, 2012

I have a User and a Question model, User has_many questions and Question
belongs_to user.

On my question show page, I show a question, along with the name of the
user who's asking the question.

Everything seems to be working fine, but my controller looks like this:

questions_controller.rb
.
.
.
def show
@question = Question.find(params[:id])
@user = User.find(@question.user_id)
end


I know rails must have a less messy way to figure out which user the
question belongs to. I've read that using something like question.user
would give me what I need, but I can't figure out how to implement it in
my controller.

Sorry for the simple question, any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment