Ruby on Rails Sunday, September 30, 2012

I am trying this:


I want to replace all the text in between java comments:

/* start */
replace this text here
/* end */


I'm trying:

text.gsub(//* start */(.*)/* end *//im, replace_with)

But i'm getting errors relating to expecting keyword_end.

How should I be escaping /* and */   ?

Also, does string interpolation work in gsub regex?  Say I had variables like:

start_tag = "/* start */"
end_tag = "/* end */"

I want to do:

text.gsub("#{start_tag}(.*)#{end_tag}", replace_with)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment