Ruby on Rails Saturday, September 29, 2012

Hello

I made a quite simple ruby web app. It uses scrubyt and mysql to store
results as cached results. The program is quite simple. It shows a
form, you enter a value and the controller makes an external http
call, parse the data and show the result for the user.

But I have a problem. I have the requirement to let a ruby program
from command line more or less run the same function that on web is
been handled by the form controller.

How can I re-use the web app when doing a standalone program callable
from command line? I dont want to recode as all the app is already
functioning. I am requested to do a ruby program that is called like
this:

ruby ./client.rb some_param

Where should I put this client.rb? How do I use the code from the
application that runs on the web?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment