Ruby on Rails Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Thanks lot to clear this topic.


Regads
Fahim Babar Patel

On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 12:11:15 PM UTC+5:30, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 1:35 AM, Fahim Patel <paf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Q 1  Is any one of this is by default included in Rails ?

No.

> Q2   Any advantage of this gems over  simple form tags ?

For me, most of the time there is not, actually they add overhead IMO
(at least for my purposes) so I actually just build meta-form-wrapper
helpers that generate generic left_text_area and other methods like it
that just add the classes I need for forms and wrap the <section>'s
around the generic helpers that Rails already provides. That is,
instead of including another dependency that I don't need, but for
some people they bring great benefit because they can handle HTML from
step 1 to end, I don't like that because I prefer to directly control
every bit of output my app makes.

Only you can evaluate whether or not they are worth it, it's a battle
of your own to fight, I can honestly say I would use them if I
actually had a use for them, and many people will agree they have a
use for them, but I personally don't have a use for them so I choose
not to use them.  You have to evaluate that for yourself.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/fbG3tlR6bSgJ.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment