Ruby on Rails Friday, November 30, 2012

To my way of thinking you could start defining the database (maybe with
the aid of something like uml) and the rest should be straightforward
from that.
Another approach would be to define what you want each part of the user
interface to look and work like and then create the system to work with
that. I am an advocate of thinking about the system before implementing it.

YMMV
Norm

On 11/30/2012 05:22 AM, Dylan Keys wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i have just finished reading Beginning Rails 3 and have done as many
> tutorials on the web I can find.
>
> So I have decided for my first real project I would like to create a
> system where an admin can created courses controlled from some sort of
> back-end.
>
> Users could then register an account book and pay for course utilizing
> maybe some sort of calender system.
>
> Am I starting out too big for my first project? Any advice on how I
> should tackle it would be great.
>
> Thanks.
>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment