Ruby on Rails Thursday, January 31, 2013

I am unable to install RoR on a VPS running RedHat Linux with 512 MB. When I run "make" and "make install" I get the following output/error below. What can I do to resolve this memory problem? 


It appears I should have sufficient memory to install. I included the results of "make" and "free" to show the failure as well as the available memory.

Thanks in advance!

Andrejs


root@vps [~/ruby-1.9.3-p0]# make
CC = gcc
LD = ld
LDSHARED = gcc -shared
CFLAGS = -O3 -ggdb -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-parentheses -Wno-long-long -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Werror-implicit-function-declaration
XCFLAGS = -include ruby/config.h -include ruby/missing.h -fvisibility=hidden -DRUBY_EXPORT
CPPFLAGS =   -I. -I.ext/include/x86_64-linux -I./include -I.
DLDFLAGS =  
SOLIBS = 
compiling parse.c

cc1: out of memory allocating 1904232 bytes after a total of 32403456 bytes
make: *** [parse.o] Error 1


root@vps [~/ruby-1.9.3-p0]# free
             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:        524288     368436     155852          0          0          0
-/+ buffers/cache:     368436     155852
Swap:            0          0          0

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/2nsztdHxUhoJ.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment