Ruby on Rails Thursday, January 31, 2013

Hi Jon,


I have a similar situation. Do you have a solution yet? I already have a user created and want to only add a profile image. It seems that the success_action_redirect performs a get but I would like to actually perform a post to create a record for that image. 

Tad

On Monday, September 3, 2012 4:53:44 PM UTC-5, Jon wrote:
I posted this on StackOverflow, and didn't get much love.  I'm hoping someone here can help me.  Thanks in advance!
 
I have a form that displays information about a single commercial real estate property. I am trying to create a feature on it that allows the user to upload files to Amazon S3 that will then be associated with that property. In a separate question, I asked how this relationship should work. I have a series of questions about this whole thing, but it seems that Stack Overflow likes to keep each question limited to a specific topic.

I've created a relationship so that Properties has_many Uploadedfiles and Uploadedfiles belongs_to Properties. I added a column to the Uploadedfile table called "uploaded_file" and mounted CarrierWave to that column

I've read through the Readme and Wiki for Carrierwave and Carrierwave_direct. They both talk about adding a single Avatar to a new User, when that new User is created. In my case, the property is already created, and I want to be able to upload multiple files (one at a time, for now) to that Property. (later, I will add a feature that lists out links to each of the uploaded files so that the user can download and open them).

Here is what the readme says. What do I need to do in my controllers and views to make this work for me?

Rails

If you are using Rails and you've mounted your uploader like this:

class User < ActiveRecord::Base     mount_uploader :avatar, AvatarUploader   end   

things just got a whole lot easier. You can generate a direct upload form like this:

class AvatarController < ApplicationController     def new       @uploader = User.new.avatar       @uploader.success_action_redirect = new_user_url     end   end      <%= direct_upload_form_for @uploader do |f| %>     <%= f.file_field :avatar %>     <%= f.submit %>   <% end %>   

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/Pud7U2dZJCEJ.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment