Ruby on Rails Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Hi Hassan,

There was a sudden power outage and therefore Webrick couldn't be
shutdown gracefully. On machine restart, I got the exact same error as
Gordons, however, my Ruby is 1.8.7 and I'm on a WinXP machine.
Additionally, I found that none of my browsers (IE/Firefox) can connect
to any website.

I would be thankful if you can explain step-by-step how to find out
whether another instance of Webrick is running and how to shut it down.
Of course, I tried browsing to 127.0.0.1:3000, but my browsers have been
affected, so the page cannot be displayed.

Thanks in advance.

--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment