Ruby on Rails Thursday, January 31, 2013

I tried running msconfig, chose selective startup, then rebooted. Thereafter, I could browse with IE, Firefox, but once I stop browsing for a while, and then try again, they fail again. No, I do not have a firewall. I'm very concerned as I have developed the rails app on the machine and desperately need to get the app back up and running. Can you tell me the name of the process that runs Webrick on Windows?

On Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:48:33 PM UTC+5:30, Hassan Schroeder wrote:

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 8:44 PM, Mark N. <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> There was a sudden power outage and therefore Webrick couldn't be
> shutdown gracefully. On machine restart, I got the exact same error as
> Gordons, however, my Ruby is 1.8.7 and I'm on a WinXP machine.
> Additionally, I found that none of my browsers (IE/Firefox) can connect
> to any website.

?! It's been years since I've touched a Windows machine, but that
sounds like your system is totally b0rk3d. Do you have a firewall
of some sort that might be affecting networking?

Try using basic networking tools like ping, traceroute, telnet, etc.;
if your system crash was extremely ungraceful, you might have an
OS reinstall ahead of you...

Good luck,
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.s...@gmail.com
http://about.me/hassanschroeder
twitter: @hassan

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/rwBwZQjlazUJ.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment