Ruby on Rails Thursday, February 28, 2013

I've used :
  • Sublime Text 2 - Wonderful editor, still my favorite. Fast, light and great customization.  By default it won't complete your code which is great while learning a language.
  • Rubymine - We use this at work.  It's nice, bit sluggish but it has great code completion and with keybindings you can jump to method definitions really easily.  Great if you want to see what's going on in Rails internals.
  • vim - I am not a power vim user, but if you get to that level this is probably the best editor.  I've never seen more productive developers than those that use this thing.  It's awesome.
  • Geany (linux) - Great little editor that will have a lot of functionality of sublime out of the box if you need something on the cheap.
  • TextWrangler(mac) - Fast and light.  Not nearly as many features as sublime text but wonderful still the same.
  • Aptana - This was alright, slow and not my favorite.
I've used others but those are the ones I can remember.  Honestly the top two are my favorites.  
  •  

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyonrails-talk/-/9dcppms1SyEJ.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment