Ruby on Rails Friday, May 31, 2013

Colin Law wrote in post #1110802:
> On 31 May 2013 15:21, Paul Bergstrom <lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
>> I'm kind of lost with Rails right now. What was simple and beautiful is
>> no more. I've never understood REST and I think this is what gives me
>> problems.
>>
>> That and this compiling thing in production.
>>
>> But to put it short and back to my question, can I forget compiling in
>> developing mode, not part of my problem?
>
> Ruby is not compiled. Please describe exactly the problem that you
> are seeing. In order for us to help we must first understand the
> problem.
>
> Colin

I understand. It was a file that didn't loaded as excepted. But could
have been an error on my part, e g wrong file name or something.

It helps to know that I don't have to worry about compiling in
development only production mode. Because in production I have had
problems with this, and from what I can understand I'm not the only one.
Hence my question for clarification.

--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/2960886e75869039f1fcdaaf6310e873%40ruby-forum.com?hl=en-US.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment