Ruby on Rails Monday, August 5, 2013

I am trying to install Concerto (a digital signage project).  I started on an Ubuntu 12.04 server and ran into problems starting Apache.  I was able to get Xibo (another digital signage product) installed on that same server with no problems, but it does not use Ruby.

I switched to a Windows 2008R2 server because I am pretty worthless with Linux - trying to learn, but I know Windows much better.

In both environments, if the RailsEnv production directive is in the config file for the site Apache throws an error:

The Apache service named  reported the following error:
>>> Invalid command 'RailsEnv', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

I know the bin folder for Ruby IS included in the Windows path.  I tried installing the DevKit.  It installed with no errors and I am able to run json.

However, as long as the RailsEnv directive is in the config file, Apache will not start.

Could anyone give me guidance on what I am doing wrong?  It doesn't really matter to me whether the product is running on Linux or Windows, so I would welcome an answer from anyone with expertise on either platform.

This is what is in the httpd-vhosts conf file.  If I comment out the RailsEnv directive, Apache starts just fine.

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName signs.yyy.yyy
    DocumentRoot "c:/concerto"
    RailsEnv production
    <Directory "c:/concerto">
      Order allow,deny
      Allow from all
    </Directory>
  </VirtualHost>


Thank you in advance!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/ffcddc2a-85bc-4c3d-b9c3-30b1b0bd99ca%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment