Ruby on Rails Tuesday, August 6, 2013


On Monday, August 5, 2013 2:33:36 PM UTC+1, Larry Jones wrote:

I am trying to install Concerto (a digital signage project).  I started on an Ubuntu 12.04 server and ran into problems starting Apache.  I was able to get Xibo (another digital signage product) installed on that same server with no problems, but it does not use Ruby.

I switched to a Windows 2008R2 server because I am pretty worthless with Linux - trying to learn, but I know Windows much better.

In both environments, if the RailsEnv production directive is in the config file for the site Apache throws an error:


RailsEnv is only legal in an apache config file if you are using the passenger apache module. Passenger doesn't run on windows so you won't be able to do this on your windows machine. On your ubuntu box. There is extensive documentation at http://www.modrails.com/documentation/Users%20guide%20Apache.html#_supported_operating_systems

Fred
 
The Apache service named  reported the following error:
>>> Invalid command 'RailsEnv', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

I know the bin folder for Ruby IS included in the Windows path.  I tried installing the DevKit.  It installed with no errors and I am able to run json.

However, as long as the RailsEnv directive is in the config file, Apache will not start.

Could anyone give me guidance on what I am doing wrong?  It doesn't really matter to me whether the product is running on Linux or Windows, so I would welcome an answer from anyone with expertise on either platform.

This is what is in the httpd-vhosts conf file.  If I comment out the RailsEnv directive, Apache starts just fine.

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName signs.yyy.yyy
    DocumentRoot "c:/concerto"
    RailsEnv production
    <Directory "c:/concerto">
      Order allow,deny
      Allow from all
    </Directory>
  </VirtualHost>


Thank you in advance!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/38c60a32-12ef-4baa-be64-296566a877f9%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment